Saturday, August 28, 2010

Introductions

Here, at the end of my first week of postulancy, the four of us postulants made it up to the 3rd and 4th floor of the convent(St Rita's), the infirmary floors. I was not that excited about going, for as much as I am eager to meet all of the sisters, I can't shake my hesitance around illness and hospital-like settings.
I was wrong. I think I may have commented on this in an earlier blog but I have been asking to really just see the elderly with dignity and respect. After just a few minutes there with them, it was so easy! They are beautiful! They are vibrant and full of stories and welcome and laughter. And so eager to meet us. They have already been praying for us as postulants, choosing to take part in our new lives long before we were introduced into theirs. I am being inrtoduced into a new way of thinking.
As much as I am going to be stretched in the upcoming days and months, I am eager to see what else God has in store for me. It's going to be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment