Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reservation for one?

Several days ago, I had a dream that I was interviewing with the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. My interview was interrupted and placed on hold indefinitely. As I waited to complete this interview, I saw several other applicants being accepted left and right. I didn't know what was going on, why I wasn't invited. That seemed to be the theme of this dream. Invitation. And I wasn't getting one. No one seemed to have a good reason, just that I didn't fit. I was inadequate somehow. And so I waited. And waited... racking my brain and desperately trying to figure out the anomaly of my person. Then I woke up.
A week ago, I received my official transcripts from the University of Arkansas. They just so happened to be the last piece of my application to enter into postulancy with the sisters. I panicked. I had flown through the rest of the application, not giving myself time to overthink things as I usually do. One may wonder if I went to fast, didn't put enough thought into this process, didn't think about it at all. But let me assure you, I have done nothing...literally nothing... but think and think some more about the whys and hows of this whole thing. And so there I was, holding the last fragment of a puzzle I have been trying to put together for what seems like forever. And I faltered. I wasn't sure, all of a sudden, if I was crazy and if I really wanted to do this. I was having reservations. But there's no sense in leaving a job half done. I sent it in. And waited.
One day ago, I was accepted into postulancy with the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity. I am overwhelmed. I am excited and speechless! Jesus wants me! He has pursued me and continues to do so. He desires my heart. And I am at peace. I have received my invitation. And I will take it. Once again, I am not sure where this leads. I know that I will have other moments of pause and reservation. I will fight with my insecurities and my wants. But, yes, I will go. I am honored to accept His Invitation...

Reservation for two, please.

2 comments:

  1. Thanking God tonight for your maturity in the Faith, and for the joy of His call to you that you are answering. Blessings to you - and plenty of good old-fashioned luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh rose. :)
    I just thought you should know that it makes me really happy to read your blogs. I am still so excited for you & for the things God has in store for you. Keep accepting the invitation, because I know it's going to change your life.

    That reminds me of a song.. it's called "How deep" by david thies. (you should totally look him up on itunes) anyways.. part of the song says..
    "And it seems what's inside, is not a lie, but it's real and it's changing my life.."

    I read song of songs 7:10 earlier and thought of you.

    miss you,
    lindsey

    ReplyDelete